Reston, Virginia—April 3, 2017—The National Insulation Association (NIA) is pleased to announce its officers for 2017–2018, led by NIA’s new President, Darrel Bailey. The new slate of officers and representatives assumed their positions following a majority vote by the NIA membership during NIA’s Business Session, which took place on March 30, 2017, at NIA’s 62nd Annual Convention in Phoenix, Arizona.
Darrel Bailey is Senior Vice President, Operations of Performance Contracting, Inc. in Lenexa, Kansas. Darrel has been with the company for 38 years and is a member of the Performance Contracting Group (PCG) Board of Directors.
In addition to serving as NIA’s 2017–2018 President, Darrel has served as Trustee for the Western States Insulators & Allied Workers’ Pension Fund, Western States Insulators & Allied Workers’ Individual Account Plan, Western States Insulators & Allied Workers’ Health Plan, and was Past President of the Western Insulation Contractors Association (WICA).
During his term as NIA’s President, Darrel’s theme will be Pay It Forward, which emphasizes his strong belief in giving back to the industry. His term will conclude at NIA’s 63rd Annual Convention, April 18–20, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando, Florida.
The 2017–2018 Executive Committee
- President: Darrel Bailey, Performance Contracting, Inc.
- President-Elect: Dan Bofinger, FBM-SPI
- Secretary/Treasurer: Dana Vlk, Distribution International, Inc.
- Assistant Treasurer: John Lamberton, Irex Contracting Group
- Immediate Past President: Steve Luse, Luse Thermal Technologies
Past President Advisors
- David Dzina, Distribution International
- J. Kenneth Freeman, Petrin Corp.
Regional Board Representatives
- Jim Gribbins, Gribbins Insulation Company, Inc., representing the Central States Insulation Association (CSIA)
- Joe Leo, Atlantic Contracting & Specialties, LLC, representing the Eastern States Insulation Contractors Association (ESICA)
- Jeffrey DeGraaf, Industrial Construction & Engineering Co., representing the Midwest Insulation Contractors Association (MICA)
- Matt Caldwell, Caldwell Insulation, Inc., representing the Southeastern Insulation Contractors Association (SEICA)
- Mike Feehery, FBM-SPI, representing the Southwest Insulation Contractors Association (SWICA)
- Rick Sutphin, Performance Contracting, Inc., representing the Western Insulation Contractors Association (WICA)
- Michael G. Benoit, General Insulation Company, Inc.
- Reid “Huck” Finn, APi, Inc.
- Rudy Nigl, L & C Insulation, Inc.
- Ed Mahoney, Regal Insulation Corp.
- John Stevens, Thermal Solutions—Ohio, Inc.
- Dave Cox, Owens Corning
- Jake Erickson, ROXUL Technical Insulation
NIA’s Executive Vice President/CEO Michele M. Jones and General Counsel, Gary Auman of Dunlevey, Mahan & Furry, will be advising and counseling the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
NIA is a not-for-profit trade association representing both merit (open shop) and union contractors, distributors, laminators, fabricators, and manufacturers that provide thermal insulation, insulation accessories, and components to the commercial, mechanical, and industrial markets throughout the nation. Since 1953, the northern Virginia-based association has been the voice of the insulation industry and is dedicated to keeping the commercial and industrial insulation industry up to date on the latest industry trends and technologies. For more information, visit www.Insulation.org.