Whether you are looking for basic insulation information or need to design a complex insulation system, the Mechanical Insulation Design Guide is the best resource. Designed to assist the novice or the knowledgeable user alike in the design, selection, specification, installation, and maintenance of mechanical insulation, the Design Guide is continually updated with the most current and complete information.
An insulation designer’s basic questions can be summed up as follows:
- Why am I insulating this?
- What am I insulating?
- Where am I insulating and what are the ambient design conditions?
- What materials and systems are best for this job?
- How much will this cost and what is the best way to implement this solution?
The Design Guide is divided into sections that answer each of these questions:
- Design Objectives
- Materials and Systems
- Design Data
- Insulation Basics Online Training
- Simple Insulation Calculators
Users will also find a product selection chart, searchable by temperature, and simple calculators:
- Condensation Control Calculator for Horizontal Pipe
- Energy Calculator for Equipment (Vertical Flat Surfaces)
- Energy Calculator for Horizontal Piping
- Mechanical Insulation Financial Calculator
- Estimated Time to Freezing for Water in an Insulated Pipe Calculator
- Temperature Drop Calculator for Air Ducts
- Temperature Drop Calculator for Hydronic Piping
- Personnel Protection Calculator for Horizontal Piping
Design Guide Webinars
Using insulation industry resources, we have developed these unique tools specifically for you. Learn how to use these tools in your everyday business to train your workers and grow your client base and revenue. Need to help a client justify the investment in insulation? Need to learn how to properly design an insulation system or explain why the current system is problematic? Need a specific calculation for a tricky system? Spend one hour learn how to do it!