NIA’s new Thermal Insulation Inspector Certification™ program will educate and train insulation inspectors on how to evaluate installation work and determine whether it is compliant with mechanical insulation specifications. By hiring a Certified Insulation Inspector, you never have to guess if the work was done to the project specifications.
Find a NIA Certified Insulation Inspector
This new training and certification program will be held several times in 2019 and new NIA Certified Insulation Inspectors will be added to list below. Contact email@example.com to find out their contact information or to find a local Certified Inspector.
The following Insulation Inspectors will be certified from 2019-2022.
NIA members and instructors
- John Calogrides, Howred Corp.
- Garry Caudill, NIA Instructor
- Luca Cuca, K-FLEX USA, LLC
- Vince Darder, BrandSafway Services, LLC
- Bobby Ferrell, Owens Corning
- Mike Gantz, I-Star Energy Solutions
- Pete Gauchel, L & C Insulation, Inc.
- Alejandro Gonzalez Lefebre, Rifco, Ltd.
- Ron King, NIA Consultant/Instructor
- David Kitto, Patriot Insulation Contractors, LLC
- Tyler Knox, Brock Industrial Services, LLC
- John Lamberton, Irex Contracting Group
- Doug Lietke, L & C Insulation, Inc.
- Ralph Madison, Insulation Specialty, Inc.
- Bill McCaffrey, Irex Contracting Group
- Rudy Nigl, L & C Insulation, Inc.
- David Patrick, Apache Industrial Services, Inc.
- James Petrides, Advanced Energy Protection, LLC
- Kelly Rau, JGE Contracting, Inc.
- Ricardo Rausseo, Jr., Rifco, Ltd.
- Kent Revard, Specialty Products & Insulation
- Nathan Schiff, Gribbins Insulation Company, Inc.
- John Stephens, NIA Instructor
- James Strong, Gagnon, Inc.
Certified Insulation Inspectors that are not from NIA member companies
- Juan Carlos Anaya
- Joe Bhavsar
- Larry Curry, Marathon Petroleum Company
- Jose Guevara, Brace Integrated Services, Inc.
- Gary Kuzma, HOK
- Howard Lavendar, Dow Chemical Company
- Arthur MacKinnon, AEM Consulting & Engineering
- Simon Rix, Chiyoda International Corporation
- Bryan Rymer, Jr.
Look for the Logo
Only NIA Certified Insulation Inspectors have:
- Have completed complete both levels of the 4-day course, NIA's Introduction to Mechanical Insulation Class and NIA’s Thermal Insulation Inspector Certification course, and have passed the final examination
- Have successfully completed the Mechanical Insulation E-Learning Series and passed the exam, resulting in an initial understanding of the principles and fundamentals of insulation and insulation systems, types of insulation products, mechanical insulation science and technology, maintenance, and more;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial and/or industrial construction, process, and maintenance industry, inspection, or related fields;
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment; and
- Have the ability to recognize potential basic safety concerns during facility visits and insulation system inspections.
Once a student completes the Thermal Insulation Inspector Certification program and successfully passes the exam, they become certified as an NIA Insulation Inspector for 3 years before being required to renew their education and certification.
Become a Certified Insulation Inspector
To find out more or to register for an upcoming course, please visit the course web page.