Working in the construction industry offers a unique combination of benefits to potential employees. One of the most obvious benefits that construction companies can market to potential employees is the significant earning potential coupled with relatively inexpensive and quick training requirements.
Merit Contractors Committee Participation
The purpose of the Merit Contractors Committee is to promote the growth of the industrial and commercial merit contractor through education, training, and network exchange. The committee meets in person twice a year at NIA’s Annual Convention and Fall Summit and is open to all registered attendees.
The key objectives are:
- Promote the implementation of worker training opportunities through associations available to merit contractors.
- Address the challenge of union organizing activities.
- Utilize the NIA website to communicate merit shop activities.
How to Get Involved
If you know someone on your team who would be interested in participating in the Merit Contractors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Educational Resources Provided by NIA
- 2019 Products and Services
- Insulation Energy Appraisal Program (IEAP)
- Thermal Insulation Inspector Certification
- NIA’s Webinars
- On Demand Training
- E-Learning Modules
- Insulation Outlook Article Archive
- Learn more about NIA’s Committees
- Mechanical Insulation Design Guide (MIDG)
- Guide to Insulation Product Specifications
- Insulation Materials Specification Chart
- Insulation Science Glossary
- MTL Product Catalog
- Additional Codes and Specs
- National Commercial & Industrial Insulation Standards Manual, 8th Edition
- National Center for Construction Education & Research
NIA's 65th Annual Convention and Silent Auction | April 15-17, 2020, JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona