Free NIA Webinar: Best Practices for Working Remotely
Thursday, April 9 (2:00-3:00 p.m. ET)
With varying levels of statewide stay-at-home orders in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses are remotely managing a portion of their workforce who can work from home. When working remotely full time isn’t the norm for you and your staff, it can seem daunting to know how to effectively manage your team, which communication and collaboration tools are best, and how to stay productive. This webinar will discuss tips, tricks, and best practices for working remotely.
Joanna Pineda, CEO, Matrix Group International
Free NIA Webinar: Contractors Panel Discussion on Construction Challenges and Opportunities Amid COVID-19
April 15, 2020 (1:00-2:00 p.m. ET)
Join us for a conversation with contractors to discuss our industry’s shared concerns, challenges, and opportunities during this unprecedented time. Presenters will discuss how their businesses are operating during the COVID-19 outbreak, including addressing health and safety challenges, managing client concerns, embracing new approaches, and planning for the near-term future. Please email questions for the panelists to email@example.com.
- Kenny Freeman, President, Petrin, LLC
- John Lamberton, Chief Operating Officer, Irex Corporation
- Ashley Luse, President, Luse Thermal Technologies
- Dana Vlk, NIA President, Distribution International, Inc.
Free NIA Webinar: Pandemic Politics: How Washington Will Respond to the Coronavirus Crisis
Friday, April 17 (1:00-2:00 p.m. ET)
As the coronavirus crisis continues, all eyes are looking to Washington, D.C. for policy solutions. Please join us for an insulation industry webinar with nationally recognized political strategist Bruce Mehlman, who will provide insights on how the national pandemic is likely to impact our political institutions, the global economy, and our everyday lives.
A highly sought-after speaker, Mehlman’s quarterly updates on political trends are widely read by business leaders and political observers across the country and have been frequently covered in leading publications, including the Washington Post, Axios, Politico, CNN, and Fortune.
Bruce Mehlman, Melhman, Castagnetti, Rosen & Thomas
Free Webinar Recording: COVID-19 Stimulus—What Every Construction Employer Needs to Know, Part 2
Recorded on: Tuesday, March 31, 2:00 p.m. ET
This FREE Webinar was a continuation of the March 24 webinar, provided as an industry association service. The content will include the latest information about the Coronavirus Stimulus Package(s). Topics included:
- Understanding and Incorporating Employer Tax Relief Options—Sikich, LLC
- Impacts of the New Labor and Employer Mandates—Auman, Mahan & Furry
The Webinar Presenters Included:
Andy Powell, CPA (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a Partner at Sikich with over 30 years of experience in accounting, tax, and audit services. He has expertise in providing CFO, assurance, and management consulting services to a wide variety of organizations including government contractors, not-for-profits, and small businesses.
Attorney Matthew Bakota (email@example.com), with Auman, Mahan & Furry, is certified as a specialist in Labor and Employment Law by the Ohio State Bar Association and is also certified as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR).
Attorney Amy Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a partner in the labor and employment law group of Auman, Mahan & Furry and is a Certified Specialist in Labor and Employment Law. She has been counseling business clients in workplace issues for over 17 years.
Free Webinar Recording: Coronavirus—What Construction Industry Employers Need to Know, Part 1
Topics included: OSHA requirements, employee policy, a summary of the proposed Families First Coronavirus Response Act, and a Q&A with presenters
When it was recorded: Tuesday, March 24, 10:00 a.m. ET
Presenters from Auman, Mahan & Furry: NIA General Counsel Gary Auman, Attorney Matthew Bakota, and Attorney Amy Mitchell
NIA Webinar Opportunities
NIA offers webinars on important topics to help educate our industry. These hour-long webinars will give participants timely industry information in a convenient virtual format. To submit a topic for a future webinar please email email@example.com.
NIA has created 4 unique webinar sponsorship opportunities that are now available to NIA members. A brief overview of each sponsorship and its benefits is outlined below:
I want to:
- Register for NIA's Free Webinar: Best Practices for Working Remotely
- Register for NIA's Free Webinar: Contractors Panel Discussion on Construction Challenges and Opportunities Amid COVID-19
- Register for NIA's Free Webinar: Pandemic Politics: How Washington Will Respond to the Coronavirus Crisis
- View free webinars
Member-Presented Product Webinars
- A webinar that is presented by a NIA member company.
- The content is developed and presented by the member company (NIA does not endorse the webinar content or accuracy of content).
- Sponsoring companies can discuss their latest products or services to members and end users.
Member Presented Webinars
- A webinar that is presented by a NIA member company.
- The content is created by the member company (NIA does not endorse the webinar content or accuracy of content).
Sponsored NIA Webinars
- A webinar that is presented by NIA, and sponsored by a NIA member company.
- The content is unbiased, industry focused, and is created by or for NIA. The sponsor may help select from a range of member-generated topics.
Archived Webinars—Free for NIA Members
Every year, NIA has offered a webinar series to educate our industry on important topics. Each archived copy is approximately 60 minutes long and includes a question-and-answer session from attendees. Archived webinars can be accessed for free through NIA’s Vimeo On Demand training portal at www.vimeo.com/NIAinfo.
Sample Webinar: Insulation Calculators