NIA’s Insulation Project Art Gallery Showcase and Competition
To highlight the creativity and artistry of contractor projects representing mechanical and industrial insulation systems, this event aims to showcase the craftsmanship of our industry. We invite all NIA insulation contractors to submit their best photographs of their projects. Only NIA contractor members can apply, and there is no entrance fee.
This is a competition with three winners (1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place) to be determined by member voting during the Fall Summit event. Each project will be showcased anonymously (company names will be removed from photographs). Winners will be announced during the Fall Summit event, and you must be present to win!
- NIA contractor members (There is no cost to enter as it is part of your NIA membership).
- Submissions due by September 28, 2024
- Must give written permission for NIA to publish and share photo(s)
- Each company may only submit photographs (up to four) of one project.
- Photos submitted must try to be unbiased and not display branding of materials, please blur or redact product names/logos if visible.
- The photographs should highlight the artistic value, craftsmanship, and creativity of the insulators’ work.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a brief description (maximum 150 words) of the project or system insulated, as well as a short caption that can be used for social media (10 words) identifying the type of application.
- The name of the individual and company submitting the photo(s) will be confidential until after votes are tallied.
- Photos should be high resolution with a clear view of the insulation work. Several views (up to four) including closeups may be submitted for the same project.
- All photos must pass a safety review to ensure no OSHA violations are visible.
- Companies must submit the photographer’s name, company’s name, and permission to use the photo.
- Companies must grant NIA unlimited permission to use the photo in the future without identification.
- Review eligibility and submission requirements to ensure you qualify.
- Complete the electronic submission form.
- Email photos (up to four) of one project to email@example.com by September 28, 2024
- Attend NIA’s Fall Summit, October 28-29, 2024, to vote and be eligible to compete in the competition. If you cannot attend the event, all participant photos will still be featured on NIA’s website, www.insulation.org
This is a competition! There will be three winners (1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place) selected during the Fall Summit event. All registered and present Fall Summit participants will be eligible to judge (vote) on the projects photographed. Each project will be showcased anonymously (individual and company names will be removed from all photographs). Winners will be announced during Fall Summit, and you must be present to win!
Criteria for Judging
- Most (total number of) parts insulated
- Difficult angles/machinery insulated
- Well-installed common application
- Photos posted potentially in NIA’s publications and on social media accounts
- New web page promoting all participating companies, their websites, and the photos
Winners also Will Receive
- Publication of their project photo(s) in a future issue of Insulation Outlook magazine
- Plaque or certificate of photo/project selection (1st place winner only)
- Digital frame noting their award (2nd and 3rd place winners)
- Picture description/QR code house ad
- Photo(s) posted on NIA’s social media accounts
- Recognition in NIA’s next issue of NIA News
Winner Announcement and Awards Ceremony
Winners will be announced during the Fall Summit event, and you must be present to win.