Reston, Virginia—April 25, 2018—The National Insulation Association (NIA) is pleased to announce its officers for 2018–2019, led by NIA’s new President, Daniel D. Bofinger. The new slate of officers and representatives assumed their positions following a majority vote by the NIA membership during NIA’s Business Session, which took place on April 19, 2018, at NIA’s 63rd Annual Convention in Orlando, Florida.
Dan Bofinger is the Regional Vice President–East of FBM-SPI, which is based in Tustin, California. His career with FBM-SPI and its legacy companies has spanned over 35 years.
During his term as NIA’s President, Dan’s theme will be Making a Difference, which emphasizes the many ways the people in the industry, NIA, and mechanical insulation can have a positive influence on our relationships, our careers, and our environment. His term will conclude at NIA’s 64th Annual Convention, April 3–5, 2019, at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar in the Bahamas.
The 2018–2019 NIA officers are:
- President: Dan Bofinger, FBM-SPI
- President-Elect: Dana Vlk, Distribution International, Inc.
- Secretary/Treasurer: John Lamberton, Irex Contracting Group
- Assistant Treasurer: Dave Cox, Owens Corning
- Immediate Past President: Darrel Bailey, Performance Contracting, Inc.
Regional Board Members
- Jim Gribbins, Gribbins Insulation Company, Inc., representing the Central States Insulation Association (CSIA)
- Joe Leo, Atlantic Contracting & Specialties, LLC, representing the Eastern States Insulation Contractors Association (ESICA)
- Jeffrey DeGraaf, Industrial Construction & Engineering Co., representing the Midwest Insulation Contractors Association (MICA)
- Matt Caldwell, Caldwell Insulation, Inc., representing the Southeastern Insulation Contractors Association (SEICA)
- Mike Feehery, FBM-SPI, representing the Southwest Insulation Contractors Association (SWICA)
- Rick Sutphin, Performance Contracting, Inc., representing the Western Insulation Contractors Association (WICA)
- Michael G. Benoit, General Insulation Company, Inc.
- Laura Wells Dover, Dover Insulation, Inc.
- Jake Erickson, ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation
- Reid (Huck) Finn, APi, Inc.
- John K. Freeman, Petrin, LLC
- Rudy Nigl, L & C Insulation, Inc.
- John Stevens, Thermal Solutions—Ohio, Inc.
- Jack Bittner, Johns Manville/Industrial Insulation Group
Dan has selected Ronald King, NIA Consultant and Honorary Member, and Steve Luse, Luse Thermal Technologies, as his Past President Advisors. NIA’s Executive Vice President/CEO Michele M. Jones and General Counsel, Gary Auman of Auman, Mahan & Furry, will be advising and counseling the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
NIA is a not-for-profit trade association representing both merit (open shop) and union contractors, distributors, laminators, fabricators, and manufacturers that provide thermal insulation, insulation accessories, and components to the commercial, mechanical, and industrial markets throughout the nation. Since 1953, the northern Virginia-based association has been the voice of the insulation industry and is dedicated to keeping the commercial and industrial insulation industry up to date on the latest industry trends and technologies. For more information, visit www.Insulation.org.