Herndon, Virginia—March 20, 2023—The National Insulation Association (NIA) announced the 2022 Safety Excellence Award winners in conjunction with its 67th Annual Convention, which took place in Maui, Hawaii, March 15–17, 2023.
NIA’s Safety Excellence Award is the only national award for outstanding safety performance in the mechanical insulation industry. NIA created the award program more than a decade ago to recognize top companies that have established structured safety programs to ensure the well-being of their employees and create safe working environments.
NIA’s Safety Excellence Award program honors four levels of excellence: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze for Associates (Manufacturers), Contractors, Distributors/Fabricators, and Metal Building Laminators.
NIA’s Executive Vice President/CEO Michele M. Jones said, “We are pleased to honor our member companies that not only make safety a top priority but also put in the work every day to make continuous improvements to their safety programs. Of our 39 total winners, we are very proud to have 24 Platinum winners, 14 Gold winners, 1 Silver winner, and 3 first-time applicants in this year’s competition. Congratulations to all for your commitment to keeping your team safe and sound.”
Throughout the judging process, applicant companies remain anonymous and winners are evaluated on the basis of their overall safety program, means of communication, and safety policy. All applicant companies receive an individualized and detailed Safety Training Analysis Results (STAR) Report™. The STAR Report includes personalized recommendations based on each applicant’s answers to the application questions.
Associate (Manufacturer) category winners are:
- Armacell, Chapel Hill, NC
- CertainTeed, Malvern, PA
- Knauf Insulation, Inc., Shelbyville, IN
- Owens Corning, Toledo, OH
- Proto Corporation, Clearwater, FL
- ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation, Houston, TX
- Alkegen, Tonawanda, NY
- Ideal Tape, Lowell, MA
- Johns Manville, Denver, CO
- Promat, Inc., Maryville, TN
Contractor category winners are:
- Advanced Industrial Services, LLC, Toledo, OH
- Advanced Nuclear, LLC, Aston, PA
- Advanced Specialty Contractors, LLC, Aston, PA
- Apache Industrial Services, Inc., Houston, TX
- APi Construction Co., New Brighton, MN
- Argus Contracting, LLC, Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Atlantic Contracting & Specialties, LLC, Hicksville, NY
- Cornerstone Services Group, LLC, Omaha, NE
- DKB, Inc., Pasco, WA
- Gribbins Insulation Company, Inc., Evansville, IN
- Hawkeye Insulation Specialists, Inc., Cedar Rapids, IA
- I-Star Energy Solutions, Quarryville, PA
- JTThorpe Industrial, Inc., Phoenix, AZ
- Performance Contracting, Inc., Lenexa, KS
- Summit Contracting, LLC, Portland, OR
- Thermal Solutions, Inc., Proctorville, OH
- Farwest Insulation Contracting, Anaheim, CA
- V. Hamilton, Inc., McKees Rocks, PA
- International Asbestos Removal, Inc., Babylon, NY
- Luse Thermal Technologies, Aurora, IL
- Pro Insulation, Fort Smith, AR
- TBN Associates, Inc., Lanham, MD
- F & H Insulation Sales and Services, Inc., Kechi, KS
Distributor/Fabricator category winners are:
- American Mechanical Insulation Sales, Inc., Farmington Hills, MI
- Specialty Products & Insulation, Charlotte, NC
- Bay Insulation Supply, Inc., Green Bay, WI
- Coverflex Manufacturing, Inc., Houston, TX
- V. Hamilton, Inc., McKees Rocks, PA
Metal Building Laminator category winners are:
- Bay Insulation Systems, Inc., Green Bay, WI
An archive of past award announcements is available at www.insulation.org/membership/safety-award/award-winners.
Applications for the 2023 Safety Excellence Award will be available on NIA’s website (www.insulation.org/membership/safety-award) and are due on September 1, 2023.
National Insulation Association | 703-464-6422
516 Herndon Parkway
Herndon, VA 20170
NIA is a not-for-profit trade association representing both merit (open shop) and union contractors, distributors, laminators, fabricators, and manufacturers that provide thermal insulation, insulation accessories, and components to the commercial, mechanical, and industrial markets throughout the nation. Since 1953, the northern Virginia-based association has been the voice of the insulation industry and is dedicated to keeping the commercial and industrial insulation industry up to date on the latest industry trends and technologies. For more information, visit www.insulation.org.