Herndon, Virginia—March 21, 2023—The National Insulation Association (NIA) is pleased to announce its officers for 2023, led by NIA’s new President, Laura Dover. She is the first female contractor President of NIA, and the second female NIA President. The Executive Committee officers were elected to their positions on March 14 during the NIA Board of Directors meeting.
The full slate of Board representatives were approved following a majority vote by NIA’s Active membership during NIA’s Business Session on March 17 that took place in conjunction with NIA’s 67th Annual Convention, March 15–17, 2023.
Laura Dover is President of Dover Insulation, Inc., which is based in Western North Carolina. Laura is a third-generation mechanical insulation contractor who took over the family business in 2004. As President of Dover Insulation, Laura and her team have advanced the company’s mission, which was established in 1965, to do first-class work on schedule and to deliver exceptional value and customer service, regardless of the size or scope of the job.
During her term as NIA’s President, Laura will emphasize how we as an industry and association are Better Together, a theme that delivers the core message of mechanical insulation: Work Hard, Work Smart, Work Together. Throughout the year, she will work to elevate awareness of the value of the industry and all mechanical insulation professionals.
Executive Committee Members
- President: Laura Dover, Dover Insulation, Inc.
- President-Elect: Jack Bittner, Johns Manville
- Secretary/Treasurer: Rick Sutphin, Performance Contracting, Inc.
- Assistant Treasurer: John C. Stevens, Thermal Solutions, Inc.
- Immediate Past President: Joseph P. Leo, Jr., Atlantic Contracting & Specialties, LLC
Regional Board Members
- Brian Willett, Gribbins Insulation Company, Inc., representing the Central States Insulation Association (CSIA)
- Rick Baptista, Irex Contracting Group, representing the Eastern States Insulation Contractors Association (ESICA)
- Matt Hymer, Midwest Materials Company, representing the Midwest Insulation Contractors Association (MICA)
- Matt Caldwell, Caldwell Insulation, Inc., representing the Southeastern Insulation Contractors Association (SEICA)
- David B. Patrick, Apache Industrial Services, Inc., representing the Southwest Insulation Contractors Association (SWICA)
- Shawn Reichenbach, Performance Contracting, Inc., representing Western Insulation Contractors Association (WICA)
- Mellanie Askew, Coverflex Manufacturing, Inc.
- R. Dean Burows, DKB, Inc.
- Rob Elsey, Cornerstone Sales, Inc. (Associate)
- John K. Freeman, Jr., Petrin, LLC
- Michael McCowan, L.C. Insulations, Inc.
- Marc Napolitano, Insulation Materials Corp.
- Jon Perry, Specialty Products & Insulation
- Louis Walton, Proto Corp. (Associate’s Committee Appointee)
Laura Dover has selected David J. Cox of Owens Corning and Dana Vlk (retired) as her Past President Advisors. NIA’s Executive Vice President/CEO Michele M. Jones and General Counsel, Gary Auman of Auman, Mahan & Furry, will be advising and counseling the Executive Committee.
NIA’s next member meeting is the Fall Summit, taking place October 25–26, 2023, at the MGM National Harbor in Maryland. Laura Dover’s term concludes at NIA’s 68th Annual Convention, April 17–19, 2024, at the Naples Grande Beach Resort in Naples, Florida.
NIA is a not-for-profit trade association representing both merit (open shop) and union contractors, distributors, laminators, fabricators, and manufacturers that provide thermal insulation, insulation accessories, and components to the commercial, mechanical, and industrial markets throughout the nation. Since 1953, the northern Virginia-based association has been the voice of the insulation industry and is dedicated to keeping the commercial and industrial insulation industry up to date on the latest industry trends and technologies. For more information, visit www.insulation.org.