NIA’s Education Center
NIA’s Education Center is a new concept in training and education for the insulation industry to meet the growing need for easily accessible, on-demand training from a trusted industry source. With more than 30 topics in development, it will be the go-to national resource for information and training tools specifically designed for anyone who is involved in the mechanical insulation industry.
Click here to check out NIA's Education Center
NIA’s Education Center is powered by Knauf Insulation, and we appreciate their support as an education partner.
Benefits of NIA’s Premier Training Subscription
- Cost Savings: For one low annual fee, all your employees receive access.
- Variety: Training is available to increase skills for every professional on your team
- Convenience: Content is offered on demand, ranging from a few minutes to up to an hour
- Complimentary access to popular NIA training programs, such as NIA’s Mechanical Insulation Basics
How to Subscribe
The primary representative from each company is able to sign up for this service by visiting https://nia.users.membersuite.com/shop/subscriptions/browse or by including the subscription fee when you submit your 2023 membership dues.
After signing up, your company will have access to the Premier Training Subscription service for a 12-month period (January–December 2023). These on-demand training opportunities will be available to anyone employed by your company (user registration required). Content will continuously be added throughout the year and will be specifically designed for anyone who is involved in the mechanical insulation industry.
Free Industry Resources—Available to Everyone
- Insulation Materials Specification Chart
- Guide to Insulation Product Specifications
- Insulation Science Glossary
- Mechanical Insulation Design Guide
- Insulation calculators
Resources Available to NIA Members Only
- Select microlearning courses (ranging from a few minutes to 1 hour)
- Access to new sponsored and partner webinars, as well as previously recorded webinars
- Exclusive member programs (Safety Excellence Awards, Premier Industry Manufacturer Award, NIA’s Insurance Program, etc.)
- NIA News, NIA’s members-only newsletter
- Free gift subscriptions to Insulation Outlook magazine for your employees and clients
- NIA’s annual Buyer’s Guide: Insulation Products and Providers (with your company listed)
- Exclusive access to the NIA Diversity & Inclusion Tool Kit
- New content! Recent additions include:
- Chilled Water and Refrigeration Insulation Systems
- Guide to Insulation Fastening
- Insulation Selection for Power Generation
- Passive Fire Protection in Industrial Applications
- Safety Update: Heat Illness Prevention
- What’s New in Version 5.1 of 3E Plus®
- 3E Plus® Basics
Resources Available with Premier Training subscription
These additional resources are available with an annual subscription fee, which gives all your employees access to exclusive content in addition to the free and members-only resources listed above.
- Mechanical Insulation Basics (formerly known as the E-Learning Modules)
- Mechanical Insulation Installation videos
- New content Available Now:
- Breathable and Non-Breathable Coverings
- FMI's Economic Forecast - Northeast Region
- Harassment in the Workplace
- Hitting the Jackpot with DOE's Carbon Emissions Reduction Programs
- Human Resources for Small Contractors
- Hydrophobic, Hydroscopic, and Water Resistant—What Are the Differences?
- Mechanical Insulation Shapes and Forms
- Outcomes from FMI’s Talent Development Study
- Passive Fire Protection vs. Fire Protection
- Product Density vs. Compressive Strength
- Protective Covering–Categories
- Protective Covering–Types
- Selling in a Virtual World
- The Importance of a Written Safety Program
- Use Temperature
- What Does the Future of Transportation Look Like?
- What You Need to Know Before an OSHA Compliance Inspection
- Vapor Stops
New Topics coming in February 2023
- 9 Most Critical IT Security Protections
- 21st Century Prospecting
- Critical Steps to Secure Your Company’s Data
- FMI’s Economic Forecast
- Mechanical Insulation Financial Calculator
Check out the recent NIA News article for more information and full list of topics.
Upcoming On-Demand Microlearning Topics
- Advantages of Association Membership
- Fitting Factors—What Are They and Why/How Are They Used?
- Gross Margin vs. Markup
- K-, R-, and U-Values
- LEED Credits and Mechanical Insulation
- Measure through Methodology
- The Difference between Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) and Inspection
- Understanding Different Types of Contracts
- Water Vapor Permeability
- What Constitutes the Basis of a Contractual Claim?
- Work-in-Progress (WIP) Calculations
Premier Training Subscription Package Pricing
Access is available on an annual basis. Companies that sign up for a Premier Training subscription package in 2022 will also have access for all of 2023 included in that initial payment. Additional details on how to sign up will be available soon.
Active Member's Revenue
|Premier Training Subscription Package
Pricing (renews annually)
(Regular Rate/Check Discount)
|Associate Members (Manufacturers)