Young Professional Advisory Committee (YPAC)
YPAC is a committee for young insulation industry professionals to develop leadership skills, network with peers, gain industry information, and provide fresh insights and feedback to NIA management and the Board of Directors. YPAC was established by NIA in 2017 and is open to NIA members who meet the committee criteria.
Who Should Participate
YPAC is just getting started and is seeking to grow and make a positive impact for NIA and the industry. The group is made up of individuals from NIA member companies who are 40 years old or younger, or have been in the industry for less than 5 years. YPAC members plan to meet in person twice a year at NIA’s Annual Convention and Fall Summit, and virtually twice a year via conference call. On-site at NIA's events YPAC members are noted with a bue badge.
Benefits of Participating
With YPAC’s targeted focus on young and new industry professionals, the goal is to create a network that will advance the professional and leadership development for YPAC members and make a positive impact for NIA and the mechanical insulation industry. YPAC aims to:
- Amplify NIA’s voice for the insulation industry;
- Attract and keep talent in the industry;
- Create personal relationships and form connections;
- Raise public awareness of mechanical insulation and its benefits; and
- Share collective wisdom.
“Prior to joining the industry, I thought of insulation as what you see in the attic. That’s a lot of peoples’ mental image. NIA is our industry voice to promote insulation as the best energy-saving tool we have in the United States.” —Huck Finn, President, APi.
“There are a lot of misconceptions. NIA has a huge knowledge base. Technology is great, but being face-to-face at NIA meetings is where the experience is.” —Andrew Scott, President, Adrian Scott Industries, Inc.
How to Get Involved
If you know someone on your team who would be interested in participating in YPAC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- YPAC’s Purpose, Objectives, and Action items
- About YPAC Flyer
- Benefits for Attending NIA's Fall Summit
- Sample Justification Letter - NIA's Fall Summit
Educational Resources Provided by NIA
- 2020 Products and Services Brochure
- Insulation Energy Appraisal Program (IEAP)
- NIA’s Webinars
- On Demand Training
- E-Learning Modules
- Insulation Outlook Article Archive
- Learn more about NIA’s Committees