NIA Free COVID-19 Business Management Webinars
NIA is now hosting webinars on business topics that will help navigate the stimulus packages, new regulations, working remotely, and more. After the initial presentation, webinars are archived online so that you can watch them at your convenience. Visit our webinar web page for the topics.
COVID-19 Ongoing Survey Efforts to Measure Impact on Insulation Companies
The associations representing the insulation industry have been are surveying contractors to gain insights on how COVID-19 is impacting our industry. Due to the fluidity of this situation, and how much changes from day to day, and week to week, some questions will be repeated in each survey so that we can monitor the changes our members are experiencing. We appreciate your participation in them.
See how other companies are being impacted by viewing the past survey results: March 25, April 4, April 17 Commercial and Mechanical, April 17 Residential, May 22 Residential and Light Commercial Insulation, May 22 Commercial and Industrial Insulation
Free Call with NIA's Legal Counsel to Discuss Your COVID-19 Questions
Auman, Mahan & Furry's Labor and Employment Group is offering a free 30-minute call on COVID-19 for NIA member companies. Get your questions anaswered by calling Auman, Mahan & Furry’s at 937-223-6003.
Free Articles on Coronavirus/COVID-19 for Employers from NIA Legal Counsel
We would like to share several resources for employers related to Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from NIA Legal Counsel, Gary Auman of Auman, Mahan & Furry.
- Effective May 26, 2020, New OSHA Enforcement of Recordkeeping Requirements
- April 3 Article: Read the full update.
- March 18, 2020: Coronavirus Response for Employers—Next Steps and New Questions
- March 11, 2020: Coronavirus Response for Employers
- March 11, 2020: Safety News Alert: Coronavirus
Advocacy: NIA is Working on Your Behalf
NIA has been advocating for the insulation industry on your behalf during this very difficult time. Below is a listing of recent activities and calls to action.
July 17: NIA urged the U.S. Senate Finance Committee leadership to consider proposals for new refundable tax credits covering 30% of home and business improvement expenses as a necessary step to stimulate the economy and help get Americans back to work by investing in our homes and businesses.
May 1: NIA partnered with 53 other construction industry organizations to sign and send letters to Congress and to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to support additional federal resources for virtual capabilities for code departments.
In spring 2020, NIA's Fly-In Became a Call-In: NIA and industry members advocated for the industry, especially regarding stimulus packages and their needs during COVID-19. At this critical time, members of Congress heard how the COVID-19 crisis is affecting your business and our industry. Click here to visit the Insulation Industry National Policy Conference web page.
March 30: Write a Letter to Congress. If you would also like to advocate for yourself, we have drafted a letter for you to personalize and send to your members of Congress. Click here to download a letter to personalize.
March 23: NIA urged modifications to the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency’s Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce so that insulation industry manufacturers and installers are deemed essential as part of this nation’s critical manufacturing and public works infrastructure.
Free Recorded Webinars
NIA has offered webinars for free to members, reaching more than 2,000 people. Watch them at your convenience to learn about the latest COVID-19 updates regarding OSHA, employment law, stimulus updates, and possible new revenue streams.
- Top Tips to Strengthen Your Strategic Relationships during COVID-19
- Part 1: How Construction Owners Are Responding to the COVID-19 Crisis
- Investment Strategies and Stock Market
- OSHA Alliance Webinar on Construction Safety for the Insulation and Construction Industry During COVID-19
- Economist’s Outlook during COVID-19
- Sales Strategies during Uncertain Times
- Supply Chain Disruptions: The Impact of COVID-19 on the Trucking Industry
- Addressing Safety Matters Amid COVID-19—A Panel Discussion
- Effective Crisis Communications for Business Leaders
- Now & Next: COVID: Contracts, Labor & Safety
- Pandemic Politics: How Washington Will Respond to the Coronavirus Crisis
- Part 2: Contractors Panel Discussion on Construction Challenges and Opportunities Amid COVID-19
- Part 1: Contractors Panel Discussion on Construction Challenges and Opportunities Amid COVID-19
- Engineering and Construction Economic Outlook in the COVID-19 Environment
- Best Practices for Working Remotely
- Coronavirus—What Construction Industry Employers Need to Know, Part 1
- COVID-19 Stimulus—What Every Construction Employer Needs to Know, Part 2
See what the new webinars will be and register.
Access the Latest Information from CDC and OSHA
- Click here to visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website
- Click here to visit the OSHA COVID-19 webpage
- Click here to download the OSHA's poster on guidance for the construction workforce
- Click here to download the OSHA poster for manufacturing guidance
- Guidance on PPE use from FEMA
- OSHA quick safety videos for COVID-19
Other Helpful Construction-Based Resources
- Society for Human Resource Management offers COVID-19 HR resources, including information on furloughs, pay cuts, and layoffs.
NIA's digital newsletter is full of the latest advice and information to help your business navigate the rapidly changing environment and the COVID-19 challenges. Catch up by reading the archives below.
- August 6 Edition
- July 28 Edition
- July 23 Edition
- July 21 Edition
- July 16 Edition
- July 14 Edition
- July 9 Edition
- July 7 Edition
- July 2 Edition
- June 29 Edition
- June 25 Edition
- June 23 Edition
- June 18 Edition
- June 16 Edition
- June 11 Edition
- June 9 Edition
- June 4 Edition
- June 2 Edition
- May 28 Edition
- May 21 Edition
- May 19 Edition
- May 14 Edition
- May 12 Edition
- May 7 Edition
- May 5 Edition
- April 30 Edition
- April 28 Edition
- April 23 Edition
- April 21 Edition
- April 16 Edition
- April 14 Edition
- April 9 Edition
- April 7 Edition
- April 1 Edition
- March 27 Edition
- March 26 Edition
- March 24 Edition
- March 19 Edition
Virtual Training during Workplace Distancing
Vimeo On-Demand Training Portal
NIA's Archived Educational Webinar Series are free for NIA members and can be accessed through NIA's Vimeo on Demand Training Portal. NIA’s popular Mechanical Insulation Installation Video Series (English and Spanish) is also available for streaming via Vimeo. Click here to view NIA's On-Demand Training Portal.
NIA's Educational Center
NIA and our partners have created a variety of training and educational resources for the industry. Click here to learn more.